Social Media Success: 5 Questions to Ask Yourself
Life as an event planner is not without its stresses. From sourcing a venue to securing vendors, there are a number of factors to take into consideration during the build-up to an event – and that’s all before you drum up the interest of attendees.
One of the most cost-effective ways of maximising event interest is by harnessing the power of social media. But, with so many platforms available to us, in today’s post, we’re asking 5 crucial questions that will help you ensure you’re making the most of these invaluable channels. Here, the packaging professionals at Kendon Packaging explain more.
- Are you covering all platforms?
From the world’s biggest social media platform, Facebook, to the growing success of Snapchat, as our thirst for instant access to everything from the latest music to what our friends had for lunch grows, social media continues to respond. In the event space, these tried and tested channels can help businesses achieve big things – and, where possible, it makes sense to utilise all of them:
- Facebook: the king of the social media world, Facebook is the ideal space for creating event invites, posting location details and tagging attendees into pictures post-event. If you’re looking to grow your online following, it’s well worth pouring some time into managing this platform
- Snapchat: despite a recent dip, Snapchat still sees 188 million users log on to see what their friends and followers are up to every day. With celebrities also jumping on this craze, users can enjoy real-time insight into the lives of the rich and famous – and there’s no reason why your event coverage can’t follow suit
- Instagram: having only been around for the last 8 years, Instagram has enjoyed huge levels of success. With followers sharing everything from their lunch to their holiday snaps, this photo-sharing app allows users to connect online – making this the ideal channel for event planners who are keen to give attendees a visual reminder of the day
- Twitter: from trending hashtags to concise message sharing, tweets have fast become a way for users to spread their thoughts and opinions online – and this is great news for the event space. A place to drum up interest, live tweet and then follow up post-event, this platform can be an invaluable tool in an event planner’s arsenal
- Is there a channel that works best for your business?
When using social media for any purpose, it’s essential that you consider what you want from the platform you’re using. It’s not unlikely that you’ll find various apps useful for different reasons, and this can often be annoying – especially when it comes to having to update different users across various channels.
With a mobile event app, you can limit the amount of time you have to spend updating different channels, as all of your needs and users are in one place. Allowing attendees to share updates, post event photos and even get involved with event feedback, your unique app … Read More